Scribe November 20th, 2008

Thursday, November 20, 2008
In today's class we got a review of how to divide positive and positive integers. If you scroll down, you can see Karen's scribe to get a re-cap.
In our barns we learned about dividing negative and positive integers. The question we started off with was:
The answer to this questions is -3 but how can we solve this question with the Quotative and the Partitive?

For the Quotative it is asking us: How many positive twos are in negative six?
As you can see, it is all negatives. If your thinking zero pairs, you are wrong. We do not need zero pairs for this because we are already given negative six.

So how do we solve this question?

The Partitive asks us: How many equal parts are in 2 groups when we have -6?
See? The answer is -3 which is exactly what we needed. Remember that the Partitive is just like dealing cards in real life because we have to deal the cards equally to each person.
So in short, using the Quotative will not give you the answer for dividing a negative and positive integer.

Our homework is to put the quotative or partitive to solve -6 *divided by* -2 on the negative (--) negative boxes of The Barn.

the next scribe shall be nikslops!

8 comments:

  1. Joysie 817 said...

    Great job, Gizzle.

    I really admired the way that you said to use Karen's scribe as a re-cap. Also, I loved how you used MR.Harbeck's terms on your 'scribble', it was just like I was in class again.

    But I found some errors, though. Some spelling, some grammar mistakes. It, however, did not affect your scribe.

    Fanastic Scribe! ☻

    November 20, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

  2. linda 9-05 said...

    HELLO GISELLE! I kind of prefer to call you that, actually. Some people seem to think that "Gizzle" is said with a hard "G" ...
    Well, enough of my bantering. I would have to say you did an excellent scribe! As far as I could tell, your post didn't have many errors, grammatically speaking, of course. I didn't catch any spelling, too. So, kudos to that! Well, if you DID make some errors (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc)
    I really enjoyed reading your scribe, because your use of vocabulary was exceptionally well done, and you had a really nice tone! Quite literally, I don't see how you could make it better, but there is, however, that possibility ;D

    - L. URBAN DUCKIE .





    BTW: JOYSIE SPELLED FANTASTIC WRONG... (It bothered me :\)

    November 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

  3. camille817 said...

    GISELLE!

    I really liked your scribe I think joy-to- the-world and Reporter Duckie said it all in their comments ! But I found a few things I admired. You really explained everything very good and I also liked how you would ask a question and then answer it.
    ( hope that sounds right ?)anyway an eg.:"so how do we solve this question?" then you would go on and explain how to solve it. :) anyway enough of me talking. Very good job Giselle!...... Time for bed! ;P

    November 20, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

  4. MY BLOG AND ME said...

    Good Job! and thanks for using my scribe as a re-cap. I didnt see any errors and I think you did a great job. Reading your scribe makes me feel like I'm in class and learning because to be honest I was a bit confuzzled today. I really like your pictures and use of color. and again GOOD JOB! AJAH!

    -Kayue:)

    November 20, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

  5. Joysie 817 said...

    Sorry, Linda.

    'Fantastic Scribe! ☻'

    There you go! Lol

    November 20, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

  6. Jocelynskogberg said...

    Great scribe! You have some good examples and it really shows what you are learning about.

    November 20, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

  7. Giselle 8-17 said...

    Thank you guys for commenting. Yes, commenting does feel like people are actually watching so the scribe doesn't feel like scribing is not for a good cause.

    You all sound so smart too.
    Shift colon, shift zero.
    :)

    November 21, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

  8. MY BLOG AND ME said...

    No problemo Gizzle. Yes scribing is good;p..we all sound smart. I sound smart? really? I think SMARTICLE;p..i try ;p

    November 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment